What is a Postpartum Doula?
A Postpartum Doula is considered a "trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother (baby, and family) shortly after childbirth to help achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible" (DONA International).
My role as a Postpartum Doula is a luxury support service offered to families, assisting you through the first few months of life after baby. This looks different for every family but always includes 3 main goals (ProDoula):
1. Primary focus on mother's physical and emotional recovery from birth throughout the postpartum period
2. Secondary focus on the baby's adjustment to life outside of the womb and assisting new parents with learning how to care and respond to their baby's needs
3. Tertiary focus on lessening the stress of obstacles that may often times get in the way of goal 1 and 2 (ie; baby laundry and other baby-related housekeeping)
Do I need to hire a Postpartum Doula?
The short answer is, YES! The real question is, what are you waiting for?
I'm sure you've heard the "babies don't come with a manual" joke? Along with new parenthood also comes advice and suggestions from your loved ones and though they have good intentions, many new parents report this influx of varying information as a very overwhelming experience. This is where I come in!
Let me support you by guiding you through your family's unique postpartum experience, providing you with evidence-based emotional and hands- on practical support. My job isn't done until you feel well-rested, empowered, and equipped enough to step into your new parental role with confidence.
What services do you offer as a Postpartum Doula?
Whether your hire me for the first days, weeks, or months; I can offer you:
- Direct assistance with newborn care
- Assistance establishing a daily routine for mother and baby
- Newborn care education and modeling (Feeding, sleeping, soothing, etc.)
- Light baby-related housekeeping and organization
- Physical and emotional postpartum recovery support
- Help facilitating baby's first visitors to lessen mommy's anxiety
-On-call email, phone, & text support
(Offered 8:00 am-8:00 pm, Weekends only)
$25/hour* (3 hours minimum)
(Offered 8:00 pm- 8:00 am, Mon-Sun)
$30/hour* (5 hours minimum)
Above rates are for 1 child; Please contact to discuss multiples.
* An additional fee may apply if more than 15 miles from 77042
Ready to book your FREE consultation with me?
Let's spend 30 min together getting to know one another.
During this consultation I'll answer any and all questions that you have and we'll discuss your pregnancy, birth plan/story, and your expectations and desires for your family's postpartum experience.